Thursday, September 2, 2010

For less than the price of a cup of coffee...

So it seems we have a pattern forming here.

Apparently, now, since Im on my way out, NYC has decided to show me all the things I hate about her, I guess to make me feel good about leaving her.

As Im on the train, on my way home from work today, Im standing there in front of 4, really dirty lil kids. I can only assume they were Mexican, they look Central American at least. These kids were filthy, dirty clothes, dirty faces, all in flip-flops, in order to show off the grimiest, most filthiest legs and feet youve ever seen. As if thats not bad enough, theyre all beating the living shit out of each other. Jumping up & down, rolling around on the seats, punching, biting, and literally kicking each other in the face! All the while, pushing against, rolling over, and landing on the innocent bystanders sitting next to them!

 All the while Im looking around for parents, none to be had anywhere, not that I could tell anyway. We get to the next stop, and the lady that was sitting there next to this madness, gets up and gets off the train. Now normally Im not in a rush to get a seat, but I have over an hour ride home, so Im all
"Fuck this Im sitting down."
Soon as this lady stands up, the kid closest to her LIES DOWN! And if thats not bad enough, starts sucking that filthy lil thumb of his, gettin ready to fall asleep!

Uh Uh, Sorry Pedro, 
I literally pick the kids head off the bench, and tell him (in spanish) hes gotta sit upright. He looks at me like God just spoke to him. So I sit down.

Now one of these lil dirtbags decides hes gonna run and tell MOM (they HAVE ONE!?!). 

Im thinking FANTASTIC, I cant wait for this posterchild for negligent parenting to come and TRY to set me straight...but she doesnt. In fact she barely acknowledges the girl. Too busy gossiping with her friend shes sitting with.

But the ordeal doesnt end here, this goes on , stop after stop after stop, for about a half hour. At this point Ive actually scolded these kids a couple times, telling them to stop jumping around etc.

It gets to the point where I actually turn to the "mother" and yell at her! In spanish,

"Hey lady! How about you come here and control your children?!" 

She looks at me in total confusion, "Why?" she says...WHY?   WHY? Youve gotta be kidding me!!! "Because theyre acting like animals, like monkeys jumping all over and on top of the people on this train!"  At this point now Im expecting a fight, or a yelling match at least. But whatdyaknow? she just comes over and yells at her lil baboon kids, sits in between them and gets them to quiet down. I continued to read my paper, and not a peep from them the rest of the way....

I see shit like this almost everyday, if its not kids gone wild, its the American Idol rejects that feel we should have to listen to them butcher whatever crap music it is they listen to, or the ladies with the baby strollers, UGH, how about EMPTY but OPEN baby strollers!!!

{SIGH}
Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment