Friday, August 20, 2010

Not that hard to fight the nostalgia...



So it took me a minute to decide to actually start this blog, well actually about a week. The idea started as Ive accepted a job offer, in TEXAS! Just a lil' background...
Listen Im a New Yorker through & through. Born & Raised. Queens boy all the way. Met fan, Giant fan, Knick fan. TRUE BLUE,..So you might say Im used to losing.

But this great offer came up, a full time position at a great company, working with great people, friends to be exact, sounds awesome right? Well except its in Irving, Texas. Now my small, angry, narrow, prejudicial, elitist New Yorker mind jumps in and says " IRVING? TEXAS?...Did you lose your mind? Thats like fuckin MAYBERRY!" Ive done some research, (Google is my god) and apparently its a nice lil' up-and-coming suburb,..if that makes me feel any better. But it is a great opportunity, it'll make my wife happy, and I can only assume itll make my life better all around.

 So now comes the part about leaving NY. The nostalgia. It cant, wont be easy leaving the only place Ive ever known. I mean for most of life I considered Boston of all places the only place I would consider living in besides NY. I love NY! T-shirts aside. But lately it seems like NY is not making it all that hard to wanna leave. The inspiration for this blog, and this initial post...

 About 8am Saturday morning, the apartment upstairs (or next door? who knows?) which apparently is undergoing some kind of renovations, decided that I shouldnt sleep late on my day off. The drilling, the power-sawing, thru what sounded like fuckin re-bar went thru my head in a way that I can only compare to a visit to the dentist. As I buried my head under pillows all I could think about was
"God I cant wait to leave NY!"

 The other day Im on the F Train, coming home from work and this bum  
(you will learn this about me, far from P.C.) gets on the train, I really didnt even notice him till he leans over me and yells, 
"IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO SMASH YOU, DONT FUCK WIT ME!".....
 Did I forget to mention the SPIT that flew on my face as he said that?!?! 
Well, Yeah.
"God I cant wait to leave NY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment